Welcome to Windstream! You are now part of the dynamic and growing Windstream team.
Windstream is proud to offer a variety benefits to our employees. We want each member of the Windstream family to be healthy and able to fulfill their highest potential at work and at home. By using best-in-class insurance plans and resources, our goal is to help our employees maximize their well-being in all areas of their health, wealth and life.
Some things to consider before you enroll:
- New employee benefits begin on the first of the month following 8 weeks (hire date + 55 calendar days) of employment.
- In order to receive benefits, you must enroll within 31 days of hire (hire date + 30 calendar days). You will receive an email from the benefits enrollment platform letting you know when your information has been loaded.
- If you do not enroll within 31 calendar days, you will have to wait until Annual Enrollment to enroll unless you have a qualifying life event (marriage, birth, etc.).
- If you do have a qualifying event, you have 31 calendar days (event date + 30 calendar days) to enroll or adjust your coverage.
Add your dependents and enroll through the Web Benefits System, then return your dependent eligibility documents within 30 days of when you make your enrollment selection.
Be sure to have the personal information of the dependents you want to cover on hand when you enroll. You may also need to submit dependent verification documents. If this applies to you, be sure to follow the instructions for returning this material so your family members aren’t dropped from the plan. Remember, if your spouse is offered medical insurance where they work but chooses to be on a Windstream medical plan, a spousal surcharge will be added.
Since you may need to order documents from vital records/your local clerk’s office, don’t wait until the last minute! Employees are responsible for any costs for obtaining the required documents.
- You have 31 days from your date being loaded in the benefits platform to enroll. If you miss the deadline, you will have to wait until the annual enrollment period to enroll in benefits for the following year.
Enrollment in Windstream’s benefit programs is optional. It is also not automatic with the exception of company paid Basic Life Insurance, Basic AD&D Insurance, and Long Term Disability Insurance. You must take action to have medical, dental, vision, life, or other insurance coverage.