Flexible Spending Account (FSA)

Discovery Benefits – New Account Administrator

In 2018, Discovery Benefits will begin managing the Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for Windstream employees. This means that if you enroll in an HSA or FSA account for 2018, you will receive a new debit card and account with Discovery Benefits.

Through Discovery Benefits, you can continue to take advantage of the savings offered by using tax-free money to pay your eligible health and dependent care expenses. The following accounts are available to you in 2018.

Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA):

  • If you enroll in a high-deductible health plan and you do not meet the HSA eligibility requirements, or choose not to enroll in one, Windstream will contribute up to $500 tax-free to a Health Care FSA. Contributions will be prorated for those who enroll in a medical plan after Jan. 1, 2018. The IRS limits employer contributions to a Health Care FSA to $500.
  • The contribution amount allowed in 2018 is $2,650.*
  • Keep in mind, unlike an HSA, FSAs are “use it or lose it” accounts – any money you don’t spend by the end of the year will be forfeited, with the exception of up to $500 of remaining funds, which can be rolled over to next year’s FSA if you are not enrolled in an HSA.
  • Some people are disqualified from contributing to an HSA per IRS regulations. For example, those enrolled in TriCare or any part of Medicare are ineligible for an HSA, but can enroll in an medical FSA.

Dependent Care FSA:

  • Contribute up to $5,000 a year to help cover your qualified dependent care expenses, such as child daycare or elder care.
  • Unused money does not carry over at the end of each year – use it or lose it.

Commuter FSA:

  • You can use pre-tax money to save on parking and transit expenses.
  • Contribute up to $260 a month for parking and up to $260 a month for transit.*
  • You can change or cancel your contribution month by month.
  • Contributions are deducted directly from your paycheck on a monthly basis.
  • Unused money does not carry over at the end of each year – use it or lose it.

*Most recent IRS limit available at the time of posting.

2017 Your Spending Account (YSA)

To request reimbursement for your 2017 medical and dependent care FSA expenses.

Go to: www.yourspendingaccount.com/windstream

  • Click the Log In Button
  • Register as a new user or log in
  • Choose submit health care or dependent care claim
  • Enter the required information on the claim form, which allows space for multiple expenses
  • Print the claim form, and sign and date the printed page
  • Upload, fax or mail the completed form, along with receipts or other documentation by the date indicated

You can upload, fax or mail your receipts

Upload: Upload

Fax: 1-888-211-9900

Mail: Y.S.A.  PO Box 64030, The Woodlands, Texas 77387-4030

If you need assistance, please call 844.689.7832.

All 2017 claims had to be incurred by Dec. 31, 2017, and submitted by March 31, 2018 for reimbursement.