Discovery Benefits manages the Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for Windstream employees.
Through Discovery Benefits, you can continue to take advantage of the savings offered by using tax-free money to pay your eligible health and dependent care expenses. The following accounts are available to you in 2019.
Please note: Keep your Discovery Benefits card. Your new elections will be added to the same card.
Health Care FSA:
- If you enroll in a Windstream high-deductible medical plan and you do not meet HSA eligibility requirements, or choose not to enroll in one, Windstream will contribute up to $500 tax-free to a Health Care FSA on your behalf.
You must enroll in and make an annual contribution of $1 to receive this contribution. The IRS limits employer
contributions to a Health Care FSA to $500. The FSA contribution will be prorated for those starting medical
coverage after Jan. 1, 2019.
- The maximum contribution amount allowed in 2019 is $2,650.*
- Keep in mind that a Health Care FSA is a “use it or lose it” account – you may only carry over up to $500 each
year. Any remaining balance over that amount will be forfeited when the plan year ends.
- Contribute up to $5,000 a year to help cover your qualified dependent care expenses, such as child daycare or eldercare.*
- Unused money does not carry over at the end of each year – use it or lose it.
- You can use before-tax money to save on parking and transit expenses.
- Contribute up to $260 a month for parking and up to $260 a month for transit.*
- You can change or cancel your contribution month by month.
- Contributions are deducted directly from your paycheck on a monthly basis.
- Unused money carries over at the end of each year.
Daycare/Eldercare FSA and commuter FSA enrollment is not restricted by HSA enrollment.