Important Information for Post-65 Retirees
Mercer Health & Benefits Administration LLC is responsible for the administration of retiree insurance benefits. Mercer Marketplace 365 operates the Windstream Retiree Service Center to assist a select group of Windstream Medicare-eligible retirees.
New Healthcare Options
Beginning in 2018 Windstream is pleased to offer a new solution for select Medicare-eligible retires through Mercer Marketplace 365SM*. Mercer Marketplace 365 will help you evaluate your medical plan options and enroll in a new plan.
Mercer Marketplace 365 is not an insurance company; they provide an “insurance exchange” that allows individuals to choose coverage that best meets their needs and budget from leading health insurance carriers. You, and any family members who are also Medicare-eligible, will need to enroll in a new plan to maintain health insurance coverage. This approach offers a number of unique features, including:
- One-on-one personalized support from a knowledgeable, licensed Mercer Marketplace 365 Benefits Counselor, who will assist with healthcare plan selection, claims and coverage matters.
- Detailed explanations regarding the changes, so that you feel empowered to choose a new healthcare plan that fits your individual needs and budget.
- Access to an online portal to review and compare your healthcare plan options and premiums.
Personalized Assistance from a Licensed Benefits Counselor
A Mercer Marketplace 365 Benefits Counselor will provide a one-on-one consultation for you and your eligible dependent(s). With a simple phone call, your Benefits Counselor will:
- Help you understand what healthcare plans are available to you.
- Compare plans and premiums to help you understand your choices so you can determine what individual healthcare plan(s) will best fit your needs and budget.
- Enroll you quickly and easily into the healthcare plan of your choice.
- Mercer Marketplace 365 Benefits Counselors will provide you with year-round support and assistance regarding your coverage and provide answers to any questions you may have.
Paying for Your Health Plan Costs
As part of this change, you will pay your premiums directly to the insurance company that you choose as your provider. In addition, when you enroll in an insurance plan through Mercer Marketplace 365, Mercer will establish a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) account for you.
Existing Retiree’s Aging into Medicare
Approximately 90 days in advance of your 65th birthday, Mercer Marketplace 365 will mail you a welcome kit. The welcome kit provides detail about your new health care options, instructions on how to setup a consultation, and explains how your Mercer Marketplace 365 Benefits Counselor will assist you with your enrollment.
Medicare Eligible Employees Planning to Retire
Mercer Marketplace 365 will mail you a welcome kit when your date of retirement is communicated by Windstream to Mercer Marketplace 365. The welcome kit provides detail about your new health care options, instructions on how to setup a consultation, and explains how your Mercer Marketplace 365 Benefits Counselor will assist you with your enrollment.
To shop and compare individual plan options through Mercer Marketplace 365, you may access the website, http://retiree.mercermarketplace.com/Windstream . Through this site, you will be able to review individual insurance plan information and compare your options. Plan shopping is easy when you follow these steps:
- Click “Shop for Healthcare and Prescription Drug plans”.
- Enter your Date of Birth, then “continue”.
- Click “ Continue without a PIN”
- The self-service shopping tool will allow you to review possible plan options in advance of your meeting with your Mercer Marketplace Licensed Benefits Counselor.
If you have any questions, call Mercer Marketplace 365 at 1- 855-698-1568 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time; deaf or hard of hearing individuals should dial 711 for Telecommunications Relay Service.